Re: MAINTAINERS file and .el files?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file and .el files?
Date: 25 Nov 2001 23:36:32 +0900

address@hidden (Pavel Janík) writes:
> The header states that Maintainer is FSF. Before MAINTAINERS, I'd go ahead
> and simply commit it.  Should I now send it to Eli, because of an entry in
> MAINTAINERS?

You should use your best judgement.  It's no different than the way
things were before, where you had to decide whether to `simply commit' a
change, or to post a query to a mailing list to see if other people
agreed with the change.

I don't think the mappings in the MAINTAINERS file are hard-and-fast,
they're just a clue to help you know who might be a good person to ask
about changing something, or who to talk to about a bug.

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen