Re: *scratch* considered harmful

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: *scratch* considered harmful
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:22:58 +0530 (India Standard Time)

Hi,
 When I run emacs with "emacs --no-init-file --no-site-file", I get
 the emacs window and the startup buffer is "*temp*" (without a
 leading space). This buffer used to be "*scratch*" before in which
 the help or some common key mappings is shown for a specific period
 of time. After this time elapses, the buffer changes to the normal
 "*scratch*" buffer as it used to from the time I know. This happens
 on Emacs-21.1.50 (mingw-nt) without splash screen.

with regards,
dhruva

       |     Remaining time multiplied by distress is CONSTANT     |