Re: More keybindings in compilation-mode-map

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: More keybindings in compilation-mode-map
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:28:09 +0200

On 14 Nov 2001 01:40:53 +0100, address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) wrote:

> Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't see how that can be useful
> for M-x compile in general.

It is VERY useful for all the unexpected questions like:
    rm: remove write-protected file `read-only-file'?
that can pop up near the end of a long compilation.

As you wrote the alternative is opening shell buffer, but shell buffer
must be closed explicitly and you have to rename them manually if you
want more than 1.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign