Re: setnu-mode and Emacs 21.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: setnu-mode and Emacs 21.
Date: 14 Nov 2001 00:04:52 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> > (to just one character in each line, to be precise), but setting the
> > display property of the overlay to show anything in the margin makes
> > the text covered by the overlay go invisible; the same happens with
>
> I think this is either a bug or a misfeature, but if you use
> overlays, it's not a big problem since you can make your overlay
> span 0 chars.

However, be aware that large numbers of overlays in a buffer can have
adverse speed consequences, due to the presence of many markers that
must be adjusted (each overlay uses two markers).  I guess no one in
their right mind would use `setnu-mode' with a huge file anyway,
though...

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!