Re: JIT stealth font-lock tuning parameters

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: JIT stealth font-lock tuning parameters
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:24:26 -0500

> >      (setq jit-lock-stealth-time 16)
> >      (setq jit-lock-stealth-nice 0.5)
> Would you object to changing the defaults as the first approximation, and
> adding the more sophisticated operation as the second one?

I would personally find 16 seconds for jit-lock-stealth-time rather
annoying.  The reason is that it makes the jit-lock-defer-contextually
refontification "very slow".

Of course, we could setup another timer just for jit-lock-defer-contextually
so we could keep 3 seconds a delay for it (it might be a good idea
to do that anyway).

Note that I find the current settings quite usable on my 266Mhz Pentium-2
so I'm not sure how important it is to change them (I'm much more
impacted by the slower redisplay and (much) slower frame-creation).

        Stefan