Re: src/README mentions VMS files

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: src/README mentions VMS files
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 15:21:55 -0500

> What is the *real* status of VMS support?

The last version of Emacs known to work on VMS was 19.28, I believe.

> I see many #ifdef VMS parts in
> the sources, but vms directory is almost empty. Is the info in vms/README
> still valid?

I think the decision was made to get rid of all the VMS support
since it's not working any more anyway.  I wish we could find a
maintainer for the VMS port, tho.

Problem is that the number of Emacs users on VMS has obviously
gone down, so it's even harder to find someone able to update
the current code.

        Stefan