Re: Emacs 21.1 ldap.el/openldap incompatibility?

From: Martin Schwenke
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.1 ldap.el/openldap incompatibility?
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:29:18 +1100

    >> From: "Martin Schwenke" <address@hidden>

    >> [I sent this to bug-gnu-emacs, but it got lost/ignored.

    Eli> Try email to address@hidden  Works for me every time.

Yes, it worked, but what I meant by "lost" was "lost in the flood of
messages currently on bug-gnu-emacs".  The message is in the list
archives but attracted no response.  Also, the file wasn't updated in
CVS.

Naturally that doesn't bother me, because I know how many message are
pouring through that list, but I just wanted to chase it up so that it
got fixed...

    Stefan> When sending such patches, it's generally a good idea to
    Stefan> include the official maintainer on the Cc line.  [...]

    Stefan> In this case, it's Oscar Figueiredo
    Stefan> <address@hidden>.

That was my second attempt.  I think it bounced.  :-)

Has anyone successfully sent e-mail to that address recently?

    >>> RMS suggested I send bug fixes to "emacs-hackers", but I'm not
    >> on that list and I'm not sure how to get on it.

    Eli> You can't subscribe; but that doesn't matter: just send the report,
    Eli> you will be CC'ed on the replies anyway.

OK, but since I can't find any information about the "emacs-hackers"
list, is it "address@hidden" or something else?  I guess being
a pretester gets you on it?

Thanks for all of the suggestions...

peace & happiness,