Re: incorrect paste

From: Vladimir Volovich
Subject: Re: incorrect paste
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 22:10:41 +0300

"RS" == Richard Stallman writes:

 RS> Emacs does not have a "buffer for selections", so there is no
 RS> obvious candidate for the cause of the problem.  Debugging a test
 RS> case that fails is the only way we could find what is wrong.

 RS> Is there any chance that you could work out a precise test case
 RS> for this problem?  It is hard for me to know when I have pasted
 RS> "some number" of paste operations, so I have no way to know when
 RS> I should expect to see the problem, or whether it is happening on
 RS> my machine.

it happens not reliably, but occasionally. next time when it will
happen, i could do whatever tests which are needed to help debug
that. is there anything specific what could be done to debug the
problem when it will occur?

 RS> (I also don't know how to use, or even launch, the clipboard
 RS> under X.  Could someone tell me?  I know how to copy and paste in
 RS> X, not using the clipboard--does the problem happen that way
 RS> too?)

perhaps i misguided you. i just meant plain copy and paste using mouse
selections (i did not use "xclipboard").

Best,
v.