Re: Yanking text properties

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Yanking text properties
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 15:07:07 -0700 (MST)

        (make-local-variable 'inhibit-field-text-motion)
        (setq inhibit-field-text-motion t) ; Ignore the field property.
        (make-local-variable 'inhibit-read-only)
        (setq inhibit-read-only t)         ; Ignore the read-only property.
        (make-local-variable 'inhibit-point-motion-hooks)
        (setq inhibit-point-motion-hooks t); Ignore the intangible property.

    be an acceptable partial[1] workaround?

If we want these settings to be the defaults, we should do that in
a cleaner way--not by making a buffer-local binding in every buffer
that is created.

But I think that stripping these properties in `insert' is
a cleaner method.