Assignment for cua.el (was: Re: Highlighting rectangles?)

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Assignment for cua.el (was: Re: Highlighting rectangles?)
Date: 30 Oct 2001 22:45:59 +0100

> > From: "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden>
> > Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:56:06 -0500
> >
> > cua-mode.el
> > (which isn't part of Emacs yet, but is planned for inclusion.
> > BTW, why not include it now ?).
>
> Should be no problem.  IIRC, Kim sent the paperwork in.

Eli, Richard,

I just checked my files, and found that I didn't return the
assignment papers for cua.el.

I hadn't time to resolve this back in June, but I had problems
with the wording of the assignment.  I had reported (to
address@hidden) that I had "borrowed" some code and ideas from some
packages already included in emacs, as well as the rect-mark.el
package (which is not included).

However, according to the wording of the assignment I would
claim "that I am the sole copyright holder for the Program".
It includes code copyrighted by FSF and by Rick Sladkey.
So I don't see how I can sign the assignment in its current form.

Can you please tell me what I should do?

++kfs

Here is the header of rect-mark.el :

;;; rect-mark.el --- Mark a rectangle of text with highlighting.

;;; Copyright (C) 1994, 1995 Rick Sladkey <address@hidden>

;;; This file is not part of GNU Emacs but it is distributed under the
;;; same conditions as GNU Emacs.

;;; GNU Emacs is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
;;; it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
;;; by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your
;;; option) any later version.

;;; GNU Emacs is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
;;; WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
;;; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
;;; General Public License for more details.

;;; You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
;;; along with GNU Emacs; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to the
;;; Free Software Foundation, 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

;; Author: Rick Sladkey <address@hidden>
;; Version: 1.4

;