Re: idea -> internal frames?

From: Gerd Moellmann
Subject: Re: idea -> internal frames?
Date: 25 Oct 2001 11:10:37 +0200

Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kevin A. Burton) writes:
>
> > Wouldn't it make sense to support the concept of an "internal frame".
>
> It already does, they are called "windows" in Emacs.

Which vaguely reminds me having talked with someone, I think Richard,
about this a long time ago.  Hm, I don't seem to be able to find the
mails.  Anyway...  IIRC, the idea then was to introduce a new windwo
type that has subwindows of its own, in other words a leaf window
containing a window tree.  But that's about all I remember.