Re: Two suggestions

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Two suggestions
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 03:54:54 +1200

>1) Flyspell's two face definitions should color the underline only,
>   not the text characters.  This would make it less garish, less
>   likely to conflict with other colors in the buffer, and consistent
>   with those "other applications" that do the same thing.  I recently
>   used this feature elsewhere, and it is quite spiffy.

I don't think it is currently possible to have the underline
colored differently than the rest of the face, so this may be
more effort than at first seems. But I do think it would be a
worthwhile change, as flyspell currently messes up syntax
highlighting in programming modes where function or variable
names are in some unreadable coding convention.

Another thing that bothered me recently with flyspell when
installing Emacs on a new machine, is that
`flyspell-default-dictionary' is set to "american" by default.
I think it would be better to default to nil, and let ispell
decide which dictionary to use by default.

--
Jason Rumney <address@hidden>