Re: unimportant question: CL versus Scheme

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: unimportant question: CL versus Scheme
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:59:30 -0600 (MDT)

    One of the goal of the Guile project was to create an Emacs Lisp
    front-end translator, which would allow Guile to be used as the engine
    for GNU Emacs.

    I don't know if that is stil a goal.

It is still a goal.  I know that someone has been working
on trying to adapt Emacs to work with Guile, but I think
at this stage he is just trying to include Guile in Emacs
without changing how Emacs Lisp code is run.  I don't
remember who it was, but Gerd should know.