Re: speedbar loses images -- how to debug?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: speedbar loses images -- how to debug?
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:40:57 +0200 (IST)

On 20 Feb 2001, Kai =?iso-8859-1?q?Gro=DFjohann?= wrote:

> Sometimes, after a while, when updating to a new directory, speedbar
> loses the icons/images.  How do I go about debugging this?
>
> By `losing images' I mean that, normally, a speedbar line looks like
> "@ filename" but the "@" is really a little graphic image.  And after
> losing images, the same line will look like " filename" (note the
> initial space) -- the graphic is gone.

Does "C-l" restore the images?  If it does, the problem is with
something in redisplay deciding that images don't need to be redrawn
when they should.

If "C-l" doesn't help, I suggest to run the appropriate speedbar's
function (the one which puts images on the display) under Edebug and
see if it DTRT.  If that doesn't help to understand what's wrong, you
might need to fire up GDB, put breakpoints in the primitives called by
that speedbar's function, and see what's going on there.