Re: NTEmacs21.0.92.1 Feedback

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: NTEmacs21.0.92.1 Feedback
Date: 01 Dec 2000 14:13:23 +0000

Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Could someone using X please try to create frames using a non-default
> > frame height in their .Xdefaults and check the result of (frame-height).
>
> I have in .Xdefaults `emacs.geometry: 80x70' and (frame-height) gives
> 70 in the initial frame and new ones.

Something appears to be wrong with Qheight in x-parse-geometry in
w32fns.c:

  (x-parse-geometry "96x35+10+12")
  ((0 . 35) (width . 96) (top . 12) (left . 10))

I don't see why it should act any differently than Qwidth, Qtop and
Qleft, though. The only place where Qheight is used in a way that
looks suspicious is in handle_single_display_property around line 2663
of xdisp.c, but this code is run on all platforms, so I would expect
it to act the same for others too.

--
Jason Rumney <address@hidden>