Re: 3d highlights on dark colors

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 3d highlights on dark colors
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 13:26:14 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Miles Bader wrote:

> So I'd like to checkin the attached code, which increases the highlight
> scaling factor for darker colors.  It works pretty well for those dark
> colors I've tried, and should have no effect at all when the default
> faces are used.
>
> Any objections?

I have a few minor comments:

  - You want a "\n\" at the end of each line of the doc strings.

  - pow is an expensive function; isn't there a way to avoid it?
    You probably also want to limit its arguments, so as to avoid
    overflows, FP exceptions, and other calamities.

  - Perhaps the doc string for highlight-color-dark-boost-limit should
    explain how to calculate its value given a color name beyond which
    the user doesn't want a boost.