Re: default bg color on ttys

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: default bg color on ttys
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:40:54 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden wrote:

   My *argument* is about the general case; my personal situation is not
   the general case.  Because I was not, until now, affected by the
   problem (as the defaults agreed with my environment), I didn't think
   about it, and so made no argument.

Some years ago, I figured out how to configure my own version of Emacs
and since then I have not had trouble with Emacs 19, 20, or 21 on my
home machine.

But on a recent trip, I had to use a wide variety of different
machines and terminals, some of them mis-configured.

Appropriate, and easily remembered, command-line options will be
annoying but useful.  So will easily remembered expressions that can
be written into an ad hoc .emacs file, like `(blink-cursor-mode 0)'
for Emacs 21.

Thanks

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden