Re: Info faces

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Info faces
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:39:38 +0100

 MB> It should probably match `^xterm.*', since there are lots of
 MB> variant xterm termcap entries in use.

The code in startup.el already invokes xterm.el for names of the form
xterm-<foo> IIRC.

 MB> [Of course another question is, if it's an xterm, should emacs
 MB> try to read the X resources and see what the real fg/bg colors
 MB> are?]

That wouldn't make any sense in the typical use of running in a remote
telnet session.

By the way, even if the default for the xterm background is light,
IIRC vanilla RedHat systems default to some nasty colour scheme with a
dark background, and they're probably some of the most common ones of
interest to us.  I can't check at the moment in case I've
mis-remembered.