Re: another bug of find-file-noselect?

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: another bug of find-file-noselect?
Date: 25 Oct 2000 13:15:38 +0200

Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I found that this part was changed by Andre on 2000.10.4 by
> > the revision 1.505 (though there's no entry for that in
> > ChangeLog).
>
> This was certainly some oversight, but maybe it's worth stressing
> again that _every_ change should have a change log entry.

Yes, that must have been my fault, sorry.  On 2000-10-04, I only added
a single line to basic-save-buffer, a call to vc-before-save.
However, I screwed up when I comitted it back to the repository; I
think I comitted the Emacs 20.7 version of files.el plus my one-line
change.  Stefan made me aware of it, and I immediately comitted the
correct file on top of it, or so I believed.

I should have made a ChangeLog entry to that effect, and maybe sent an
informational message to emacs-devel.  Sorry, will do that next time.

I think we all need some time to find out how and when and what to
communicate in this new forum; thanks for any hints, wishes, and
instructions.  I really like the way we are working here!  Privilege
to be part of it.

PS. I'll go over the history of files.el and double-check that nothing
    else crept in at that point.