RE: Dependency on lisp.h

From: Bill Perry
Subject: RE: Dependency on lisp.h
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:51:40 -0700

Pardon the horrible mailer I am stuck using right now.  Ick.

To me, this is an argument for breaking lisp.h out into
separate files.  Either the files depend on lisp.h or they
do not.  Having a fuzzy 'well, if you are lucky you will not
have to recompile everything, but there is not a good way to
find out in advance' policy is just asking for trouble.
Leads to people just doing a make clean all (or make bootstrap).

I always do a make bootstrap just to be paranoid, but a lot of
people don't have a machine as fast as mine. :)

-Bill P.