Re: font-lock-comment-face

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: font-lock-comment-face
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:15:53 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:52:13 +0900 (JST)
>
> I'd like to change this to `yellow green', which contrasts well with the
> other font-lock faces, and is much more readable (I think comments
> should be read!).  On a tty, this reduces to `yellow', which is also
> pretty good

The problem is, there is already a face that maps to yellow on tty's:
font-lock-variable-name-face.  I think we should avoid faces that use
identical colors for different purposes.

(There are other font-lock faces which map to the same colors on
tty's, and it's on my todo to fix that; but I don't think we should
add more cases like this.)

I think comments are using reddish colors for such a long time that we
shouldn't change their default color in any radical way.  Is it
possible to find some reddish color that would look better on X?