Re: [Emacs-devel] Emacs move

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Emacs-devel] Emacs move
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:10:46 +0100

 JB> There are a few clever scripts floating around for changing the root of
 JB> an already checked-out repository to a new one.  If you know of one that
 JB> works, please post it and cc: me so I can give it to others.

Obviously it's most tasteful to do it in Emacs with M-x grep-find and
keyboard macros or similar.  However this worked for me in the
top-level of the Emacs tree, doubtless not optimally:

  for i in `find . -name Root`; do echo :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs >$i; done
  for i in `find . -name Repository`; do echo $i | sed -e
's,^\(.*\)/CVS/Repository,emacs/\1,' >$i; done

I can do checkouts, but I see errors like:

  cvs server: cannot read /cvs/emacs/./src/CVS/fileattr: Permission denied