Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: improving bidi documents display

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: improving bidi documents display
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 19:58:44 -0500

EZ> The key to a useful discussion of these matters is to decide up
EZ> front what do we want to support and what do we want the text to
EZ> look like.

EZ> In this case, someone who knows about (La)TeX much more than I do
EZ> should first describe what TeX features would be useful when
EZ> typesetting bidirectional text.

Given that:

  the UAX is specific to plain text

  emacs' modes uses faces to differentiate syntactically different
  text runs

  the latter is essentially the same as (invisible) markup

then one could conclude that bidi runs always should be intra-face and
never inter-face, yes?

How well does >>back to default on face changes<< translate to the level
where emacs' bidi works?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6