Re: [emacs-bidi] merge emacs-bidi into the main tree

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] merge emacs-bidi into the main tree
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 16:34:24 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Perhaps for the same reason you now think the m17n.org code is a
> viable solution--because lots of time have passed, and a bidi-capable
> Emacs is now more important than before.  Meanwile, some of the
> developers have more experience in hacking redisplay code, so their
> response might be different this time, especially if the plea sounds
> convincing.

Well, we can always try.  I will post a mail on emacs-devel and ask
for volunteers to do it, but I will also suggest the inclusion of
emacs-bidi into current CVS if no volunteer can be found.

The reason I have not much hope is that whenever tricky redisplay
problems used to come up a few month ago, RMS used to CC Gerd and ask
his opinion.  Perhaps Jan D and Kim Storm have had a lot more exposure
to the redisplay code in the meantime.  Having them onboard would
certainly be a good thing.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/
I was on holidays from 2003-07-01 to 2003-07-29