Re: [emacs-bidi] bidi tables for unicode chars

From: Roozbeh Pournader
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] bidi tables for unicode chars
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:41:28 +0330 (IRT)

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Alex Schroeder wrote:

> I have a table like the following for all Unicode characters.
>
> '((?\x0000 . bidi-category-bn)
> (?\x0001 . bidi-category-bn)
> (?\x0002 . bidi-category-bn)
> (?\x0003 . bidi-category-bn)
> (?\x0004 . bidi-category-bn)
> (?\x0005 . bidi-category-bn)
>
> This is the result of parsing the UnicodeData.txt file from the
> Unicode site. [...]

BTW, would you please consider looking at:

<http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr9/#Bidirectional_Character_Types>

Which assigns character types for unassigned characters? In short, these
are the classes for all the unassigned characters in the mentioned ranges:

0590--05FF, FB1D--FB4F                   R
0600--07BF, FB50--FDFF, FE70--FEFF       AL
All others                               L

roozbeh