elisp-code-dired

[Elisp-code-dired] Dired 7.16 bug: dired.el conflicts with :file specs f

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: [Elisp-code-dired] Dired 7.16 bug: dired.el conflicts with :file specs for image specifiers
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 20:50:50 +0900 (JST)

David Kastrup claims in <address@hidden> on
xemacs-beta:

    I think it is still impossible to use a :file specification for
    image specifiers of binary formats (jpg, png and binary pnm
    formats) in XEmacs once you have loaded dired.el.  So you have to
    use crazy workarounds or face non-working stuff.  Since that is
    not documented anywhere, you have to work with copy&paste of code
    and workarounds from others, and pray.

I haven't replicated myself, but he's usually a trustworthy observer
although a PITA to work with.

issue583 has been created on the XEmacs tracker.