ee-dev

[Ee-dev] Selecting search strings and functions

From: Henry Weller
Subject: [Ee-dev] Selecting search strings and functions
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:15:31 +0100

Hi Juri,

I have hit a couple of problems while working on extending the functionality of
ee-dselect, firstly the example search has the search-string hard-coded:

 [((type . view)
   (name . "by Type/Emacs-related packages")
   (r-filter . (lambda (r) (or (string-match "emacs" (ee-field 'package r))
                            (ee-dselect-search-string-in-description r "emacs")

can it easily be made a user-input?  I could create a global variable and set it
before calling the generalised search view but this is VERY clunky, do you have
a better idea?

Secondly I would like to be able to select the function to be applied to the
marked set e.g. in the case of ee-dselect, install, remove, upgrade etc. rather
than the single one referred to by r-execute (or r-select for that matter); do
you have a good idea for this?

It would be great if both these features could be supported in the core of ee,
it would allow much more powerful and flexible ee-packages.

Thanks for your time

Henry