edu-fr

[Edu-fr] Re: I wanna help u on GNU_EDUCATION

From: toby cabot
Subject: [Edu-fr] Re: I wanna help u on GNU_EDUCATION
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 11:50:49 -0400

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 11:55:35AM +0800, Richard Duke wrote:
> hi,i m Richard Gestner.I m a chinese,and i wish to manage the GNU_EDUCATION
> in CHINA(P.R.C).
> i work for GNU,since i wanna do something for freedom.
> i think i could generalize GNU's education softwares in many schools in
> china,and also could translate some documents and write some ones.
> so plz give me the rights and the resources.i will do it well.

Richard,

Thank you for your interest in helping the GNU Project!  We feel that
it's important that you find a project that you find interesting and
challenging, because then you'll be more likely to make a long-term
commitment.  There are a few places to look for a project to help.
Before you do, though, you might want to invest some time in learning
more about the GNU project, its beliefs and its goals.  You can do
this at the GNU project web page, http://www.gnu.org/.  The GNU
philosophy pages are especially important since GNU is an organization
that's centered around a common set of beliefs about Freedom as it
applies to software.  If you expect that your contribution to GNU will
involve writing code you should also read the GNU Coding Standards at
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_toc.html.

The GNU Project Education activity centers around the mailing list at
address@hidden  I'll copy this email to that list and you can pick
up with the education project folks.

Please let us (address@hidden) know if we can be of further help.

Regards,
The GNU Project Volunteer Coordinators

PS.  If you'd like to stay in touch with the GNU project, please
subscribe to the info-gnu mailing list at
http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnu.  It's a low-traffic
list with news and announcements about the GNU project.