edu-eu

Re: free software in European schools

From: antonio
Subject: Re: free software in European schools
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:31:04 +0200

Hi everybody,
raphael calvelli wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Anyway, I was thinking too at french-italian-german thing, for ex. a
> research org, a school, an ngo and a company, according to the needs.
> Project objective for ex. : to gather resources, to incentive about
> the needs.

Thank you for the interest you showed in our project and I wish you the
best for your projects on free software.
But the project
http://minerva
we are preparing in Treviso at Istituto F.Besta (which will be the
co-ordinator school) needs, to be realised, three schools in three
different
countries and it should be financed by the EEC for almost the total amount
of money.
The project is essentially on education.
The project hasn't got the aim of producing educational software.
The project aims to show the possibility of using free software in
education
and so it aims to demonstrate that there is the possibility to get free
from
proprietary software.
The final aim of the project is the production of tools for introducing the

philosophy of free software in education.

At the moment, thanks for the interest Georg Greve showed, we managed to
find a partner in Germany and so we need to find a partner in France or in
another European country.
I will be grateful if you could let me know if at least one school
(speaking
French) is available to work in order to introduce free software in
education.

Alessandro Rubini wrote:

> As far as I know, to work on free software the rules are much much
> better.
> You are sponsored 95% (instead of 50) and you don' t need to be
> a consortium with all three kind of participants.
>
> I found
>         http://www.cordis.lu/ist/particip.htm
>
> But nothing more. Most stuff are PDF (or doc, you may choose) docs
> and I'm not fond of looking for information. (...)

Thank you for the references.
Should Minerva project be rejected I will not hesitate to do, with the same

project, what you are advising me.

Anyway bureaucracy won't stop it!

Many thanks and kind regards

antonio