dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] dvipng and mmap preprocessor woes

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] dvipng and mmap preprocessor woes
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:41:34 +0200

Karl Berry wrote:
Vladimir found a workaround (see patch and all the details below), but I
think the cleanest solution would be to simply rename the member field.
If you'd accept that, perhaps Vladimir or I could send you a patch for
that.  (Vladimir: meanwhile, I installed your change below.)

That probably would be best, name clashes are not desirable. Sorry about that. There are no ill effects of that #define that I can tell, other than that debugging might become cumbersome. But a struct element with one name in one source (object) file and another in the others might be confusing to say the least.

By the way, do you have any plans to make another dvipng release?  I'm
sorry for not writing earlier; I'd like to get the TeX Live tree to the
other builders as soon as possible.

Oh. There are quite a few changes to the next intended release, not least a license change (to LGPL). My schedule is kind of full at the moment (see http://www.physorg.com/news127741035.html) but I'll see what I can do. Deadline?

/JÅ

--
*** Fatal Error: Found [MS-Windows] -> Repartitioning Disk for LiNUX...