dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Problem burning to LG DVDRAM GSA-4167B -- ProD

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Problem burning to LG DVDRAM GSA-4167B -- ProDVD only does DVD-R
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:25:51 -0500

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 00:28 +1300, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> I've just tried to burn a DVD+RW with cdrecord-prodvd. Guess what: it
> worked just fine. In answer to your question: for quite some time,
> considering that the current cdrecord-prodvd is a year old, and I don't
> think it's the first release supporting +R(W) burning.

What exact version are you running?
And what drive make/model is it?
And are you positive it is a DVD+RW disc?

> Reading an app's docs to the last letter isn't the only way to gain
> information about it.

I know, but I've talked to Jorg in the past, as well as read various
notes on support lists.  He only got DVD+RW firmware support over a year
ago, and he had to clarify it was _only_ recording to DVD-R discs on DVD
+RW drives.

> The rest of your personal insult/attack drivel isn't worth responding
> to, but I am waiting for your apology.

You're not going to get it, because you have a nasty habit of talking
about what you don't know.  I still don't believe you in this case,
because you've said such things before.

--
Bryan J. Smith   mailto:address@hidden
http://thebs413.blogspot.com