dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Reading the data back on a DVD-ROM

From: MAL
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Reading the data back on a DVD-ROM
Date: 02 Aug 2002 16:43:09 +0100

Ok, got it working... it was because the DVD-R in the drive was already
(partially) written to.  I would just like to state that dvdrecord
telling me:

dvdrecord: Data will not fit on any disk.
dvdrecord: Cannot write CD's >= 100 minutes.

Is possibly one of the less useful messages i've ever encountered :p

I burned a 4.3GB iso fine, but I can't read it back on a bog standard
DVD-ROM drive.
Can any of you tell me whether this is a physical limitation of the
DVD-R format (and/or DVD-ROM drives), or whether it's just the format
i'm writing them in?

I understand that UDF is the standard format for DVD writing, but I just
want to be able to read it back on a linux PC with a DVD-ROM drive.
Has anyone had any success with Linux, UDF, DVD-Rs and reading it back ?

MAL