dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] DVDr-writing tool for GUI (linux)

From: Frederik Dewanckele
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] DVDr-writing tool for GUI (linux)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 21:35:37 +0000

Hello to all.

I am looking for a dvdr-writing tool for gui. It's not for me but for a total
newbie that I ‘m helping with his linux .

So I have posted it into a newsgroup , and they say that any gui tool for
cdrecord can work with dvdr but it doesn't (I tink so , I can't ) . I don’t
see any possibilities, anything special for writing dvd. It seems to be all
for writing cdr's . Also the speed:  the speed for dvd writing differs of the
speed for cd-writing , and identical for the capacity .

 I've also heard that gear had a version for linux, so I downloaded a demo of
Geargui and this program works but It's that expensive (it 1000 Euro , and
that’s too much for a simple linux user)

What can I do to make the gui cdrecord tools (eclipt roaster, gtoaster ,
kreatecd, ...) work for dvd-writing, or is there a other tool that is  free
and is able to function under these typical circumstances?

Greets

FrEdAtTaCk

Belgium

 (www.lugwv.be Linux User Group West Vlaanderen)