Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3 or not?

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3 or not?
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 12:53:06 +0000

Hello MRob,

So there are two parts to this: what we are working on and whatever is causing your issues.

As to the plans, as per Mike's email this is in progress :
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/duplicity/+spec/python3
I had not yet seen Mike's merge request and thought that was still on my todo list, so that is an excellent development. I will try to find the time to give that a closer look.

That said, like Scott I am surprised you are running into issues getting this working for you. If you tell us more about your setup then we can try to get you up an running.

I've also been playing with Snap packages, which would include all dependencies within the package itself and would solve your dependency issues whether we've ported to Python 3 or not. That is looking very promising and I have made packages that appear to work, but the work is not yet finished.

Like most decent work items on a volunteer-run project, it is just finding the time to progress these larger changes.

Kind regards,

Aaron