Re: [Duplicity-talk] Welcome to the "Duplicity-talk" mailing list

From: Alex Bloom
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 15:10:08 -0400

I've since upgraded and fixed the config file that things are working again. Now im running into a new problem with my restoring of a file.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 1540, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 1534, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 1385, in main
    do_backup(action)
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 1462, in do_backup
    restore(col_stats)
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 728, in restore
    restore_get_patched_rop_iter(col_stats)):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 558, in Write_ROPaths
    for ropath in rop_iter:
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 521, in integrate_patch_iters
    for patch_seq in collated:
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 389, in yield_tuples
    setrorps(overflow, elems)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 378, in setrorps
    elems[i] = iter_list[i].next()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 107, in filter_path_iter
    for path in path_iter:
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 121, in difftar2path_iter
    tarinfo_list = [tar_iter.next()]
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 339, in next
    self.set_tarfile()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 333, in set_tarfile
    self.current_fp = self.fileobj_iter.next()
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 765, in get_fileobj_iter
    manifest.volume_info_dict[vol_num])
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 808, in restore_get_enc_fileobj
    fileobj = tdp.filtered_open_with_delete("rb")
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/dup_temp.py", line 120, in filtered_open_with_delete
    fh = FileobjHooked(path.DupPath.filtered_open(self, mode))
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/path.py", line 779, in filtered_open
    return gpg.GPGFile(False, self, gpg_profile)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/gpg.py", line 217, in __init__
    'logger': self.logger_fp})
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/gpginterface.py", line 374, in run
    create_fhs, attach_fhs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/duplicity/gpginterface.py", line 402, in _attach_fork_exec
    pipe = os.pipe()
OSError: [Errno 24] Too many open files

my ulimit -a is showing open files as 4096 as i adjusted it to that and im still having issues. I'm trying to fetch a single file out of the s3 backup. Any ideas, this is a blocker for me trying to restore a file.

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 3:23 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
i am honored! makes no difference though as your issue is w/ duplicity ;).. ede/duply.net