Re: [Duplicity-talk] [0.7.12] gpg.py and --pinentry-mode=loopback

From: Richard McGraw
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] [0.7.12] gpg.py and --pinentry-mode=loopback
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 17:27:42 +0100

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 10:34:59 -0500
Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:

> The --pinentry was not added until gpg 2.1, so the additional
> checks.  I'll need to modify the man page to match.
>
> ...Ken

I don't know the whole picture about --pinentry-mode, only that I use
it sometimes since my gpg is 2.1 -- but is it the man page that needs to
be modified to match the code, or the code that needs to match the man
page ("duplicity passes the option --pinentry-mode=cancel to the the
gpg process unless --use-agent is specified on the duplicity command
line") ?
When we want to *use gpg-agent*, isn't it a mistake to insert
--pinentry-mode=loopback ? The code in version 0.7.11 had if/elif
in this region where the new code has two if-blocks.