Re: [Duplicity-talk] incremental backups only?

From: Raphael Bauduin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] incremental backups only?
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 08:00:56 +0100

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:35 PM, Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Long strings of incremental backups are subject to failure if one of the incrementals is corrupted.  I normally do full backups once a week and incrementals on the other days.  You might stretch that to two or three weeks, depending on the reliability of your storage provider, but I would strongly suggest at least two full, verified, backups at all times if you go the long-string route.  You can always remove the incrementals once the next backup and verification is done.

OK, thanks

Raphaël

...Thanks,
...Ken