Re: [Duplicity-talk] Errors during test phase of installation.....

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Errors during test phase of installation.....
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 16:38:25 -0500

Ken,

tar seems to be available to the tests.  I ran just the first test (it fails) as a stand alone as you suggest.
The command used was:
sudo python2.7 -u setup.py test -s testing.functional.test_badupload.BadUploadTest > ~/Desktop/badupload.out.txt 2> ~/Desktop/badupload.err.txt

This is the “test missing file” in the "bad upload” test.

The standard out seems normal, but I am unclear as to why it is copying the librsync library which is already installed.  Maybe it is not where the testing routines expect it?

running test
running egg_info
writing requirements to duplicity.egg-info/requires.txt
writing duplicity.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to duplicity.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to duplicity.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
reading manifest file 'duplicity.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
writing manifest file 'duplicity.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
running build_ext
copying build/lib.macosx-10.11-x86_64-2.7/duplicity/_librsync.so -> duplicity
—————————————————————————————

The error output shows an assertion error.  As far as I can tell it is getting a return value of 37 and expected a return value of 44????  From grepping the sources this means that there are not enough file descriptors?  I think the Mac OS X default is a paltry 256.

test_missing_file (testing.functional.test_badupload.BadUploadTest) ... FAIL

FAIL: test_missing_file (testing.functional.test_badupload.BadUploadTest)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/sw/src/fink.build/duplicity-0.7.11-3A/duplicity-0.7.11/testing/functional/test_badupload.py", line 40, in test_missing_file
    self.assertEqual(e.exit_status, 44, str(e))
AssertionError: 37

Ran 1 test in 1.584s

FAILED (failures=1)
Test failed: <unittest.runner.TextTestResult run=1 errors=0 failures=1>
error: Test failed: <unittest.runner.TextTestResult run=1 errors=0 failures=1>

-Scott