[Duplicity-talk] File found in list-current-files, but won't restore.

From: Nertskull
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] File found in list-current-files, but won't restore.
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:23:27 -0500

I have a duplicity encrypted backup of a folder.  That folder has many
subfolders and 4 files.

1 file is an excel file.  The other 3 are LibreOffice Base database
(.odb) files.

When I run

    duplicity list-current-files --encrypt-key XXX file:///path/to/backups

I get a list of the files.  ALL 4 are included in that list.  I see all
four files.

When I run

    duplicity --encrypt-key XXX --file-to-restore
'relative/path/to/ExcelFile.xlsx' file:///path/to/backup /path/to/restore

I get the Excel file restored with NO problems.

But if I run the SAME command, but just change from the excel file to
the base.odb file.  I get an error saying the

    "file.odb not found in archive, no files restored"

But of course it is there!  It is listed in the 'list-current-files'.

And I know my syntax is right, because I can restore the excel file.

Is there something weird about .odb files that causes duplicity to bug out?

So I thought, alright lets restore the entire folder.  And sure enough,
no .odb files.  None of the 3 .odb files restore.  Even though they are
listed as part of the backup using 'list-current-files'.

Why do these files not restore?