Re: [Duplicity-talk] large upload "ETA stalled"?

From: Cláudio Gil
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] large upload "ETA stalled"?
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 11:15:51 +0000

Hi,

https://code.launchpad.net/~m4ktub/duplicity/0.7-fixes/+merge/314778
If you look at the diff you can see that I've split the import into two. The rest remains the same.

This kind of progress reporting does not require any support from the backend's API so it would work for all other backends, I suppose. I don't use progress but if others feel important I can try to add this kind of rough progress into the other backends. Maybe this would be 0.8-series material...

Cheers,
Cláudio

Hi,

I'm not a maintainer. But I've submitted a pull request, some time ago, and it was accepted.

Since the patch is simple enough I will fire up my dev VM, when I get the chance, and submit that patch as a new pull request.

Neat. Looks like "from duplicity import progress" is the key, I added a little code. Perhaps you could merge it? (consider the changes PD for licensing if needed).
https://gist.github.com/tedder/b6af9b01fd422450fc3dea37dd982fd4

2.5GB 00:38:51 [36.3MB/s] [> ] 0% ETA 1d 7h 17min