[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity does not cache gdocs verification code

From: Owen Jacob
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity does not cache gdocs verification code
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 13:33:07 +0700

Hi all,

I am using Duplicity to perform a daily backup of a file server to a regular Google Drive account. I've written a basic script to perform the backup based on several blog posts (such as the one here: http://rockhopper.dk/linux/software/backing-up-to-google-drive-with-duplicity/) and the Duplicity man page.

The backup works perfectly and it stores 1GB encrypted files in the users Google Drive as per the below however everytime I run the backup I am always prompted for a verification code. The gdrive.cache file is never created and I have not been able to track down why this is. I've ensured the permissions are correct and duplicity can write to the directory and the script is run as root. I've searched everywhere but without joy. Could anyone shed some light on why the gdrive.cache file is not being created here? Or where I might start looking for errors? I see nothing obvious in the output of Duplicity when the backup runs.

Many thanks in advance for your help
Owen

The script:

#!/bin/bash

cd /root/.duplicity/

export PASSPHRASE=[Passphrase]
export GOOGLE_DRIVE_SETTINGS=/root/.duplicity/gdrive

duplicity incr --full-if-older-than 3M --volsize 1024 --asynchronous-upload --exclude-device-files --exclude-other-filesystems --allow-source-mismatch -v8 /home gdocs://address@hidden/Backup

unset PASSPHRASE
unset GOOGLE_DRIVE_SETTINGS

The gdrive settings file:

client_config_backend: settings
client_config:
client_id: [Client ID].apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret: [Client Secret]
save_credentials: True
save_credentials_backend: file
save_credentials_file: gdrive.cache