[Duplicity-talk] duplicity 0.7 slowness

From: Philip Jocks
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity 0.7 slowness
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:13:14 +0200

Hej,

we recently upgraded a couple of machines to 0.7.07.1 and it feels like
everything is wayy slower than on 0.6. We use duply and run `duply $profile
status` thru icinga/nrpe. On 0.6.x it took <30sec to return the status info, on
0.7 it takes around 5-10 minutes.
I also have a feeling that backups take longer, but that’s hard to measure
because the file server is pretty busy at times and there are too many things
that could slow that down, but collection-status shouldn’t do much network
stuff anyway, should it?
Did something significantly change on 0.7?
I saw something fixed in 0.7.07.1 about an fsync issue, but that doesn’t seem
to make a real difference.

Cheers,

Philip