Re: [Duplicity-talk] Predicting size of ~/.config/duplicity/

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Predicting size of ~/.config/duplicity/
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 07:07:58 -0500

Interesting question.  I don't have a real answer for the general case, but basic assumptions may give you an idea:
  1. compression and encryption only affect the target file size
  2. manifest files take up about 300 bytes per volume plus the file list
  3. sigtar files take 4 bytes per block depending on file size
    1. under 10k the block size is 512
    2. over 10k the block size is given by
      file_blocksize = int((file_len / (2000 * 512)) * 512)
      return min(file_blocksize, globals.max_blocksize)
So, as you can see, the size is dependent on too many variables that change with each user's situation.

...Ken