[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity as a static binary

From: Remy van Elst
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity as a static binary
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 06:25:40 +0100

Howdy,

I've got an older system (centos 4) where I'd like to run Duplicity to
make backups. Is there a way to "convert" duplicity, python 2.7.x and
the swift/keystone libs to a (single) static binary so it can run there?
Installing it all manually is possible, but a route I'd rather avoid.
Binary size is not an issue on this node.

There are quite a lot of tools and scripts to convert scripts or some
parts of cpython to a binary, but none at all that seem to do what I
want (the end result being just a few static binaries, duplicity,
python, swift and keystone).

Does anyone here have experience in doing that, and if so, what would be
the best route?

Cheers,
Remy