Re: [Duplicity-talk] On replacing tar, why not dar ?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] On replacing tar, why not dar ?
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 15:49:42 +0200

i totally agree with every point you make Aaron. it should be an optional
component as long as it is unstable or developed within a completely new forked
differently named project, so users will be able to enjoy a working duplicity.

just a sidenote. someone mentioned that using libdar would make duplicity more
cross-platform. my experience is that each platform dependent library makes it
more difficult to maintain/distribute a software for different platforms.

..ede/duply.net