[Duplicity-talk] duplicity, duply and pydrive for Google Drive

From: Philipp Defner
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity, duply and pydrive for Google Drive
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 17:30:12 +0200

Hello,

I just updated to duply 1.10, duplicity 0.7.04 and installed pydrive via pip on
Gentoo. I read the man page for the new pydrive backend for Google Drive and
the messages on the list but I can’t figure out how to pass the
GOOGLE_DRIVE_SETTINGS environment variable to duplicity via duply.

Right now I have a file called `gdrive` with the following content stored in my
duply folder:

    client_config_backend: settings
    client_config:
    client_id: xxx.apps.googleusercontent.com
    client_secret: xxx
    save_credentials: True
    save_credentials_backend: file
    save_credentials_file: gdrive.cache
    get_refresh_token: True

I tried to pass the variable in a few different ways:

1.
===

If I try to add include the gdrive config file in duply’s config file via:

    GOOGLE_DRIVE_SETTINGS=gdrive

i’ll see this error message:

    BackendException: GOOGLE_DRIVE_ACCOUNT_KEY or GOOGLE_DRIVE_SETTINGS
environment variable not set. Please read the manpage.

2.
===

Trying to pass the variables like that:

    DUPL_PARAMS="$DUPL_PARAMS --asynchronous-upload "
    DUPL_PARAMS="$DUPL_PARAMS GOOGLE_DRIVE_SETTINGS=gdrive "

results in:

    Command line error: Expected 1 args, got 2

Anyone familiar with duply to help me with that?

Thanks!