Re: [Duplicity-talk] pydrive backend: how to use storage of a user accou

From: Rupert Levene
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] pydrive backend: how to use storage of a user account instead of a service account?
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 16:15:40 +0100

A patch is attached for a new backend called pydrive2 which uses user
storage, like the (now defunct) gdocs backend and unlike the pydrive
backend.

To use it:

(1) patch -o pydrive2backend.py pydrivebackend.py < pydrive2.patch

(2) follow instructions at
http://pythonhosted.org/PyDrive/quickstart.html to generate a
client_secrets.json file and save it to a local directory

(3) set the environment variable GOOGLE_DRIVE_AUTH_DIRECTORY to this directory

(4) use pydrive2:// instead of gdocs:// (and remove any password) when
calling duplicity

(5) during the first duplicity run, you will be asked to authorise by
pasting a url into your browser; this authorisation should be
remembered on subsequent runs

Rupert