Re: [Duplicity-talk] Create full backup from incremental

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Create full backup from incremental
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:30:52 -0400

Note, that to do this, you need to have unencryption locally on the server.
Duplicity assumes an insecure server model.  To collapse incremental backups
onto a full backup means that all your data is compromised to the level of
security of the remote server.

The duplicity model assumes that once the data goes out over the wire it is
subject to unknown security.

For any commercial remote storage, you might as well just use a commercial
backup system without encryption.

-Scott