[Duplicity-talk] Create full backup from incremental

From: Ulrik Rasmussen
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Create full backup from incremental
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:54:50 +0200

Hi,

I just started using duplicity for backing up my work to a VPS. It is
my understanding that it is wise to do a full backup about once a
month, to enable deletion of old backups and faster restoration.
However, when doing a full backup, duplicity seems to transfer
everything over the wire again, which takes a long time if I'm on a
slow connection and also costs me bandwidth. Since the server already
has all my data, this really shouldn't be necessary.

Is there a way to do a full backup on the server side? More precisely,
can I tell duplicity to create a new backup chain based on the contents
of the current chain?

Thanks!

/Ulrik