Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 4 authorisation for Amazon S3 buckets

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 4 authorisation for Amazon S3 buckets
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 06:27:57 -0600

Keeping up with S3 is becoming a PITA!

That said, does anyone know if the new auth protocol can be used as the default protocol?  I just want to check.

I found a Python code sample to use, so I'm going to target this bug for 0.7.02.

@Christian, are you capable of downloading from the trunk to test it prior to release?  That would help.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 5:08 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02.02.2015 12:07, address@hidden wrote:
> On 01.02.2015 23:35, Christian Saga wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> I am getting the error "The authorization mechanism you have provided is
>> not supported. Please use AWS4-HMAC-SHA256 duplicity" on a duplicity
>> backup to Amazon S3.
>>
>> This seems to be related to the Frankfurt bucket of Amazon S3, as this
>> only supports V4 of the authorisation.
>> A bug was opened for this under:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1407966
>>
>> Is there a perspective on this bug on if/when it will be solved?
>> I wanted to start a new backup which is quite time consuming. If I know
>> this takes a while I would do the backup on one of the other EU buckets,
>> otherwise I would wait.
>>

> maybe switching AWS_DEFAULT_REGION helps?
https://github.com/aws/aws-cli/issues/1011

and did you see this?
 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26562763/signed-cloudfront-url-for-a-s3-bucket

..ede